Thursday, May 26, 2005

 

Georgetown University

So, yesterday I found out that I did not get into Georgetown. However, I made the Waiting List and that is, according to Georgetown admission office person, a reason to be cautiously optimistic. Of course, I was fairly disappointed at first, but than I thought about it and figured that I should be pleased. I was competing against the best students in the area and very good students from around the nation. They all speak english significantly longer than I do. They have parents to pay their bills or at least help paying them. I am on my own in a foreign country and yet managed not to be one of the over 1,200 people who were refused right away.

The fact is that this year there were 1,450 transfer applicants competing for one of the 200 available spots. This means that only some thirteen percent of applicants were admitted in comparison to the usual twenty two percent. According to the letter, the competition was so fierce that they had to turn away even some well-prepared candidates. So I am proud. I might have not gotten in yet, but came close to and there is still a chance that I make it after all. Hopefully the admitted students will get into UVA or elsewhere :D

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?